Monday, May 20, 2013

Letting You In: New Adult Contemporary Romance Novel Preview!


Who says 7 at night is too late to drink coffee?

That's right.

No one.


In other news, so excited for the release of Letting You In! Should be coming out before the week is done on Amazon, here's a little preview! :D


He placed his fingers on my arms, sliding them down, lifting them up between us. Each inch of me that he touched came to life, goosebumps and cells on fire. “I can't dance,” I abruptly blurted, glowing intensely while recalling how I had already shown I couldn't sing, either.
Everyone can dance,” he chided me, bending close to keep from being drowned out. The music thumped, reaching into my bones, my brain melting the moment he linked his fingers with mine. I didn't even feel any pain from my scrapes, they were forgotten.
I let him guide me, our steps simple, his hands swaying, showing me how to move side to side with him. Around us, people were shouting, wrapped up in each other, hair tossing and hips swaying. Yet, Deacon and I, we spun in our own little bubble, a different dance entirely.
Why do I keep letting him pull me in? I wondered, looking into his glimmering emerald eyes. Each time, when I think something will happen, he backs away from me. Even knowing that, terrified of repeating last night, afraid of rejection all over again, I knew I couldn't have escaped. Not then, not with his hands on mine, his torso inches from my own.
See,” he laughed, whispering into my ear, the hairs on my neck prickling. “You can do this, it's easy.”
This is easy.” My lips twisted, helpless to contain my joy. “But this isn't really dancing.”
No?” He murmured, pretending to be offended. “Let's try some real dancing, then.” One of his arms coiled around my body, his fingers pressing into my lower back. His other hand took my own, setting it on his shoulder, then returning to join its twin on my spine.
Oh god, what do I do, what should I do?
Numb, I found both my palms holding his shoulders, my chest almost brushing his when he started to rock side to side. “There,” he said slyly, “is that more what you were expecting?”



Woohoo! Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment